The Infinity solar roof is the ultimate use of the Roof Integrated System, for an almost seamless glass roof. Frameless solar panels are mounted within a structural framing system and the roof is them finished with high quality welded aluminimum flashings that are powder coated for colour matching. The result is a glass and aluminium roof covering from ridge to gutter and side to side, with huge solar power output and a 25 year warranty.
In 2013 it was awarded a Solar Power Portal Award for its innovation.
Working with BRE as partners in the EUR-Active Roofer project, Infinity was used to develop the tests which inject dense tropical rain in the horizontal airstream from a wind tunnel in front of the roof, while simultaneously imposing a vacuum behind. This simulates the very worst case conditions and shows that Infinity is completely watertight.
Infinity – Benefits
- Complete solar roof from edge to edge
- Based on GB-Sol's fully waterproof RIS solar roof system
- Internal drainage systems for ingress protection & condensation management
- Hundreds of installations across the UK, going back to 1995
- Can be produced to exact dimensions with generating triangle and rhomboid shaped panels
- Clear-backed panels are available, also with the option of double and triple glazing
- GB-Sol will size and design your scheme upon receipt of the basic information providing a budgetary quotation
- The system offsets the cost of the standard roof covering e.g. tiles or slates, and the time on a bare roof can be significantly quicker than cutting tiles and fitting hooks
Infinity is unique in using unframed solar panel laminates, with the structure of the mounting system itself forming the frame-work. Our ability to manufacture custom size laminates also allows for complete utilisation of the roof area.
Each panel is fitted with EPDM edge gaskets that complete the sealing of the roof. The mounting system frame-work provides backup drainage for management of any water ingress and condensation.
Once a roof has been membraned & battened, the RIS frame is fitted directly to the batten. When the framework is in place solar PV laminates are added and the capping strips are riveted in place, retaining the panels by compressing the gaskets to form a perfect seal.
Finally the surrounding flashings are installed. These are high quality welded aluminium and powder coated to your specified RAL colour. They will have been designed exactly for the array specified.
Infinity is available fully installed by GB-Sol and our design service is free. Once we have some basic details of the installation we will respond with an initial quotation, showing the proposed system size with the total dimensions of the array plus its flashings.
For more information, please contact us.